Thursday 10 January 2008

Bee Movie

"Insert Bee Reference here"

Okay, when I first saw the teaser trailers (the live action ones) I thought to myself, really? That is not selling the movie to me in the slightest – Jerry Seinfied and Steven Speilberg are both there, and this looks neither funny nor entertaining.

Fortunately these “trailers” in no way represent the final product. This movie is very funny and very entertaining.

Though I was thoroughly enjoying myself whilst watching it, I couldn’t help but think a lot of the jokes may fly over children’s head. The majority of humour is quite dry, witty and cynical (similar to Seinfeld) and even though I was finding every little Bee reference funny. The other people (including children) weren’t laughing out loud.

That’s not to say I was laughing hysterically gasping for air, but I did have a little chuckle to myself for the duration.

Maybe I just saw it with a bad crowd, but I thought this was an enjoyable little pop-corn film. It’s no Ratatouille, but much better than expected.

7/10

No comments: